Allied Insulators response to the current COVID-19 pandemic
Dear Valued Customer/Partner,
As an essential supplier to the UK transmission, distribution & rail industries we are working hard during this critical time to ensure we can support our customers demands so in turn they can fulfil their own licensed obligations. As many of our contracted customers are deemed Category 2 Responders under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 we have also been identified as Key Workers under the government’s plans to keep the country going.
Our employees’ health and safety is of paramount importance in these
challenging times as we work to keep the operation running for our customers and we are grateful for their dedication.
As ever we are closely monitoring the information related to the spread of the virus on a continuous basis both in the UK and abroad and the subsequent control measures and restrictions imposed thereafter. All necessary preventive measures have been introduced as recommended by both National and International governments and health bodies. All activities will be updated on a regular basis.
We wish to assure our customers and stakeholders that as of 08th October 2020 the measures we have adopted are appropriate for the current situation and have not impacted on our operations to any significant degree.
In order to support our operations we continue to request as much information as possible in relation to forecasts or potential pipeline works/orders. This will assist our production planning and logistics and most importantly ensure sufficient UK stocks are available. Also as many customers have scaled back on planned non-essential works we would ask that you maximise the efficiency of any orders such that the value or quantity is meaningful and ensures the best efficiency for logistics and delivery. For example, grouping small orders together or increasing quantity to fill full pallets etc. During these times we may need to impose delivery surcharges for any small single orders that need to be fulfilled and will advise you of this accordingly.
To limit the risk of the Covid-19 virus to our employees and partners of the Allied Insulators, the following rules of conduct remain in place until further notice:
- Home office working – All office staff are able to work from home and have been fully equipped
to do so - please contact us initially by phone, e-mail or other electronic channels.
- Factory Working – A Covid safe working environment has been introduced and social distancing has been implemented in the factory.
- Deliveries/Collections – All drivers must report to reception and maintain the necessary 2m social distance from all employees. Where practicable they must remain inside their vehicles.
- International and national meetings - all international and domestic travel has been stopped - the use
of alternative solutions such as conference and video calls has been introduced.
- Industry meetings - employees of the company must not participate in any external conferences, symposia or training.
- External guests visiting Allied Insulators – All visitors are currently prohibited from entering our workplace/offices.
- PPE / Hygiene - All necessary measures have been introduced and mandated into the business.
Thank you for your continued support during these times.